Stretch marks happen when the body grows quickly for any reason. The skin can’t stretch enough to keep up. These long, thin, rippled marks are also called strain.
Collagen is a protein that makes your skin more elastic. If your skin doesn’t have enough, the marks may show up as it stretches.
Stretch marks are extremely common in both men and women. While most stretch marks should fade slowly over time, they don’t often vanish completely.
Discover how to get rid of stretch marks with our practical tips.
Eat the Right Foods
Having the right diet can have a great impact on your skin. Eating foods that are rich in vitamin E and C, zinc and silica, helps to form collagen and maintain the elasticity and strength of your skin.
Load your diet full of foods such as:
- Kale and other leafy greens
- Oily fish
- All vegetables
Keeping hydrated is essential for maintaining your skin’s strength and renewable properties. It also ensures that the skin maintains elasticity and stays supple as possible. This puts you in the right direction in making sure you get rid of stretch marks.
Apply a Rich Body Oil or Lotion:
There are numbers of products in the market which have been formulated to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and even out skin tone.
Purivana Stretch Mark Vanishing Cream, not only helps nourish dehydrated and crepe skin, it firms skin in 2 weeks, evens skin tone and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
If you prefer the feeling of a body lotion, Purivana Stretch Mark Vanishing Cream also improves skin firmness within two weeks, leaves skin feeling tighter and intensely nourishes the skin.
Exercises to Get Rid of Stretch marks:
The right exercise can also help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Try these exercises will help to strengthen and tone your muscles and the skin around stretch mark problem areas:
Exercise for Chest and Core Stretch marks
- Begin in a plank position with your hands under your shoulders and hold for a few seconds.
- Twist your torso towards the ceiling and raise one hand above your head. Your ankles will naturally roll over to stack on top of one another.
- Hold for a few seconds and return to plank position
- Complete two sets of 15 repetitions on each side
Exercise for Hips and Thighs Stretch marks
- Get down on all fours and extend your right leg straight out to the side.
- Lift your right leg and slowly make small circle movements. Try to keep your hips as still as possible.
- Complete a total of 10 circles going forward, followed by 10 circles going backwards. Switch legs.
Exercise for Glute Stretch marks
- Lie on your back and bend your knees at 90 degrees with your feet on the floor.
- Extend your right leg about 10 cm off the floor and flex your foot.
- Lift your hips, hold for 3 seconds, then lower hips.
- Repeat two sets of 10 repetitions on each side.